|Sharing the Love of Jesus Christ with the Moab Community
Sunday Morning Service:
· 10:00 a.m. Worship Service (Nursery Provided)
· 11:00 a.m. Fellowship Time
· Note: No Connections classes in the summer months & will resume in September.
FOOD BANK REQUEST
This month for FOOD BANK SUNDAY
(last Sunday of the month) we are asking people
to bring in bags of dried beans, or rice or
pasta. Toilet paper is also needed.
Prayer Meeting Wednesday mornings 6:00 a.m. @ Moab Grill. All men are invited for this time of fellowship & prayer.
Everyone Can Serve
Look for opportunities to serve; don't wait to be asked! Remember, you can serve without being a part of an "official" ministry. We all can:
- Extend the word of welcome, whether or not we are official greeters
- Be listening caring friends, whether or not we are offical lay counselors
- Be ready to give reason for the hope that is in us, whether or not we are on the evengelism team
- Be enthusiastic participants and ready to give a hand, whether or not we are on the planning or cleanup committees.
CONNECT WITH CONNECTIONS
Many of us who love the church, have found that one of the most powerful life changing aspects of the church is being in a group of people that help and encourage us along the way. In fact most churches that are experiencing real growth have discovered that groups are really the way to help people with their spiritual journey and ministry. To this end the Vision Team has been wrestling with the best way to launch some long-term groups that are shaped and centered in encouraging each participant and educating them con-cerning the themes and message of the Bible. So we are going to begin these kinds of groups in what we have formally called for a number of years discipleship classes. We would like to recognize the function of the groups by calling them Connections. The emphasis being that of connecting with others and establishing the kind of contact that issues in accountability and its resultant fruit i.e. peace, joy, love. We expect some evolution in how these groups operate. What we do have is a beginning date: Sunday September 21st. More information will be coming up. (Watch weekly bulletins) This is going to be a significant opportunity for you and yours. It will include all ages. There will be new groups forming for those who consider themselves young adults that will be meeting at different times and perhaps in different loca-tions. If you feel disconnected this may be your time to find that connection in your church.